Tuesday, September 27, 2011

DIY Drawers into wall storage

I've been seeing tons of cute projects done using drawers and old milk crates. I love the idea of re purposing things and any wall storage is awesome to me since our apartment is so small. I knew I wanted a drawer for our keys and one for shoe storage for the Miniboss. We have a shoe rack already but her shoes are so small, they don't stay on the rack.

I dragged my hubby to the habitat for humanity builders bargain store last week and found a couple of drawers marked .10 cents. Cant beat that price! Well as we checked out the guy says you can just have them...so I ended up getting the two drawers free!




I took them outside and gave them a good scrubbing and took off the drawer liners. I painted them some fun colors I had in my paint sample stash.




After the paint dry I sanded it down to create a shabby chic look I love so much. I then added white fabric and lace on the back. I also added simple hooks to hold our keys.

Here they are complete. I did this project ALL BY MYSELF. I even hung them myself too. Yay meeee! :)









This project didn't cost me anything since I had everything already and the drawers were free :)

Can't you tell I loveeee tiny people shoes?! These aren't all her shoes, just ones that she wears most often and her ones for fall :)



http://www.thethriftyhome.com

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. I want her boots!!! I have ~one~ pair of shoes I wear constantly and they're dying on me. Tell Lexi to share with her poor aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont u have the ugg pairs?!

    Lexi has tons of shoes..we like to clothes/shoe shop..we get our shopping addiction from granny n grandpa lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome project! I've always wanted to do this with old, vintage crates but something is holding me back. I love how your turned out, you may have pushed me to finish this wonderful project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should definitely finish your project! I would to see how yours turn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to hang these drawers on the wall to keep shoes from cluttering the floor! You are so brilliant, girl.... :)
    hugs xx
    Crystelle

    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you hang them??? The lip of the drawer front looks like a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this...I been up for a couple of hours aready this gorgeous Saturday morning ...going through a "Clarification Cleaning" this belated Nee Yea, so more power to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice to have for a granddaughter. I have a set of 3 good wooden antique drawers that I an going to work with and one that is sort of broken. I will see what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...